Race Update- Sunday, Dec 20
We are one week away from the 2020 race. Below are some important updates:
* Starting times ultra runners and teams can be found here on Dec. 22.
*COVID will cause some changes- (1) weather permitting, the post-race will be outside at the Elks. (2) you may lose a runner or two this week due to isolation or quarantine. If you can't replace them, just do the best you can even to the point of having a "ghost runner" from childhood play days. Basically, you can't fill that leg or you finish before completing 36.8 miles. Either way, just have fun and do the best you can. (3) follow PPE regulations where possible,
* Currently, we have the largest group of Ultra runners ever for our race.
* Shirts are a reprint of the 2011 race, as we celebrate our ten anniversary rate. The year 2020 does not appear on the shirt!!
* The host Race Hotel, The Island, by hotel RL has extended the discount room rates, so they are still available.
* Food and beverages servings begin at 11:00.
* You must use the speed-up rule if you team falls behind the 12:45 PM finish pace as the finish line closes at 12:55 so we can start the award's ceremony.
* If you drop out of the race (Team or Ultra), please notify me asap so we can account for you.
* Let me know if you have any questions and lets have a great race. Right now, the weather prediction calls for a perfect day of running!!!
Leave a Reply.
The Round the Bay Relay and Ultra Blog is hosted by event founder and coordinator, Dennis Samac.