*The race is now just five days away!! 45 relay teams and 32 ultra runners are set to go for a total of 350 runners.
*Packet pickup is Thursday at The Island, hotel by RL from 4:30-7:00.
*Friday morning- the first ultra-runners begin at 3:00 AM with a large group leaving at 5:00 AM. The first relay teams leave at 6:00 AM with large groups at 6:30 and 6:35.
* Everyone that leaves before 6:15 should be highly visible!!
* All runners have to sign the safety disclaimer before participating. If you haven't already signed, there be sheets inside the Elks and at the starting line.
* Currently, the weather looks to be warm and humid so please plan accordingly.
* There are six designated race legs, but the legs may be broken into whatever works best for the teams. Teams that make their exchanges outside of the normal zones, help to decrease congestion in those areas.
*PARKING- due to limited spaces, teams should only park one vehicle in the Elks lot. The other vehicles can park across the street. Please carpool!!!
* Let's have a great race and be safe!!
We are just over three weeks out for the Dec. 31st race and here are some updates:
* The shirts are in!!! For correct sizes, register early!!
* Runners will also receive a race towel and each team a race poster.
* Post-race party- Food, beverages and live music from 11:00-1:00.
* Awards presentation will begin at 1:00.
** All runners should finish by 12:45!!! Teams will need to use the "hurry-up" rules if they aren't on track to finish by 12:45.
* If you haven't signed up yet, runners may sign up on active.com, ultra-runners on ultrasignup.com, mail your registration form to the race director or I will be at the Reindeer Dash (The Landing in FWB) and the Egg Nog Jog at Uptown Station.
The Round the Bay Relay and Ultra Blog is hosted by event founder and coordinator, Dennis Samac.