We are now a month out from the race and registration is going well. The race shirts have arrived (new color this year) and the race socks will be here in early December. It's time to finish putting your team together and either sign up on active or send me your form and money. Shirts are guaranteed for the first 300 and we are already half-way there.
Important dates to remember:
The race is Saturday, December 31st.
Packet Pickup will be Friday, December 30th from 4:30-7:00 at The Island Hotel. (Don't forget the special discount prices for racers at The Island.)
Registration is still $35 with $5 off for NWFTC members. Late fees begin on Sunday, December 11th.
Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving and races are heating up in the area. I plan to attend the Reindeer Dash on Dec 10 and the Egg Nog Jog on Dec 17th. Similar to past years, I will begin handing out team bags at the Egg Nog Jog.
We are now about ten weeks away from the race so it’s time to get your teams together and register. Relay teams can register on www.active.com or by filling out a registration form which can be found on the NWFTC site, www.nwftc.com. Ultra runners will need to register on www.ultra signup.com and we have a good group already registered.
I will be attending many of the local races and will have registration forms available and can take you form and money.
Shirts and socks will be ordered shortly and will be first come/first serve.
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Welcome to our website and our first informational blog for the 2022 race. This year, we celebrate our 12th Annual Race and with the past success very little will change. The Elks Lodge will again host the start and finish line along with our festive post-race. Music, food, beverages and the scenic backdrop of Choctawhatchee Bay highlight the post-race event.
The Island Hotel will continue as our host hotel with discounted room rates available. The race date matches up perfectly for a three day/two night weekend stay at the beach It will also be the site for our Packet Pickup on December 30th and the traditional Bloody Mary Run on Sunday, January 1st, 2023. Once again, we will give you an opportunity to run the last race of the year and the first race of the year!!
I plan to add additional information once a month as the race gets closer and weekly the last 4-5 weeks prior to the race. Put the dates on your calendar and watch for the registration to open for Ultra runners on August 1st and Relay runners on September 1st.
If you have any questions, I can be reached at email@example.com.
*The race is now just five days away!! 45 relay teams and 32 ultra runners are set to go for a total of 350 runners.
*Packet pickup is Thursday at The Island, hotel by RL from 4:30-7:00.
*Friday morning- the first ultra-runners begin at 3:00 AM with a large group leaving at 5:00 AM. The first relay teams leave at 6:00 AM with large groups at 6:30 and 6:35.
* Everyone that leaves before 6:15 should be highly visible!!
* All runners have to sign the safety disclaimer before participating. If you haven't already signed, there be sheets inside the Elks and at the starting line.
* Currently, the weather looks to be warm and humid so please plan accordingly.
* There are six designated race legs, but the legs may be broken into whatever works best for the teams. Teams that make their exchanges outside of the normal zones, help to decrease congestion in those areas.
*PARKING- due to limited spaces, teams should only park one vehicle in the Elks lot. The other vehicles can park across the street. Please carpool!!!
* Let's have a great race and be safe!!
We are just over three weeks out for the Dec. 31st race and here are some updates:
* The shirts are in!!! For correct sizes, register early!!
* Runners will also receive a race towel and each team a race poster.
* Post-race party- Food, beverages and live music from 11:00-1:00.
* Awards presentation will begin at 1:00.
** All runners should finish by 12:45!!! Teams will need to use the "hurry-up" rules if they aren't on track to finish by 12:45.
* If you haven't signed up yet, runners may sign up on active.com, ultra-runners on ultrasignup.com, mail your registration form to the race director or I will be at the Reindeer Dash (The Landing in FWB) and the Egg Nog Jog at Uptown Station.
Welcome to our website and we are now about five weeks to the race.
SAVE THE DATE:
After much discussion and the lack of a date that works for everyone, we have set the official race date for Friday, December 31, 2021. The race will again be held at The Elks Lodge, even though we will have to work around their New Year's Eve celebration preparations.
Now that we have a date, I will be working with The Island, Hotel by RL to setup packet pickup for Thursday, December 30th and will start New Year's Day (Saturday) off with a morning Bloody Mary Run.
I would like to thank everyone that participated in this year’s race by either running, supporting or volunteering. We had a beautiful day for the event and a good time was had by all. Props to the Elk’s Lodge, Billie Adams (food), B.T. Turner (music), Kim Love (pourmater)
2020 ROUND THE BAY RELAY AND ULTRA OFFICIAL STARTING TIMES
3:00 GEOFF SPEYRER
5:00 SUSAN FRAZIER ROBERT HAYDEN JAIRAN DUKE REX STINNETT MINDY DUNCAN ROBYN ABRASLEY CORRIE CRUTCHFIELD BRAD PATTON
RYAN CASSIDAY REBECCA SCOTT VAL CARILLION AMY CAYSON-NEFF
TIM CONNOLLY JESSICA SCARFE MICHAEL BOND ROBERT DIAZ
JERRY KALKA BERNICE APONGAN FRANCISCO SAN MAGUEL MARK CIFELLI
5:30 DOUG CASSIDAY
6:30 IAN REDDING
TBD: GREG LIBERTA, MATT ANDERSON, SEAN ACOSTA, MICHAEL MICHETTI, WILLIAM MILLER, DERRICK TAYLOR, KAREN MEADOWS, AMY STOYLES, JEFF WENGEL, ERIN KIRKPATRICK, AARON HAUGEN
5:30 SLOWER THAN OPRAH (7)
6:00 STROLLER WARRIORS (22) (?) HEALTHCARE HARRIERS #1 (18) (?) TEAM LAGINAPPE (11)
6:30 BLUEWATER ES (14) PLEW BLUE BAYOU (24) 3RD PLANET #1 (21) 3RD PLANET #2 (29)
SLOWER THAN OPRAH (7) TEAM RWB (12) DESIGNATED DRINKERS (16)
MIND OVER MILES (32)
6:35 TEAM AWESOME (5) HELL ON HEELS (13) TEAM GARZA (25) WORST PACE SCENARIO (31)
BEEN THERE, RUN THAT (23) RUNNING ON EMPTY (26) KAREN’S PIT CREW (27)
6:40 TEAM EPIC (4) WE ARE BROKEN, BUT RUNNING (6) RUN WITH IT (10)
RED SOLO CUPS (1) YORO (8) TEAM DALE (15) THE PACEMAKERS (20)
6:45 RUN DESTIN RAN-DEMICS (17) TEAM PIAZZA (9) COOKIE MONSTERS (32)
MIDDLE AGED AND MIDDLE SCHOOLED(19) THIRD LEG IS THE HARDEST (2) BLUEWATER MULTISPORTS (3) DESTIN MISFITS (30) ZURICKSTRONG (28)
We are one week away from the 2020 race. Below are some important updates:
* Starting times ultra runners and teams can be found here on Dec. 22.
*COVID will cause some changes- (1) weather permitting, the post-race will be outside at the Elks. (2) you may lose a runner or two this week due to isolation or quarantine. If you can't replace them, just do the best you can even to the point of having a "ghost runner" from childhood play days. Basically, you can't fill that leg or you finish before completing 36.8 miles. Either way, just have fun and do the best you can. (3) follow PPE regulations where possible,
* Currently, we have the largest group of Ultra runners ever for our race.
* Shirts are a reprint of the 2011 race, as we celebrate our ten anniversary rate. The year 2020 does not appear on the shirt!!
* The host Race Hotel, The Island, by hotel RL has extended the discount room rates, so they are still available.
* Food and beverages servings begin at 11:00.
* You must use the speed-up rule if you team falls behind the 12:45 PM finish pace as the finish line closes at 12:55 so we can start the award's ceremony.
* If you drop out of the race (Team or Ultra), please notify me asap so we can account for you.
* Let me know if you have any questions and lets have a great race. Right now, the weather prediction calls for a perfect day of running!!!
The Round the Bay Relay and Ultra Blog is hosted by event founder and coordinator, Dennis Samac.