2020 Race- Thanks
I would like to thank everyone that participated in this year’s race by either running, supporting or volunteering. We had a beautiful day for the event and a good time was had by all. Props to the Elk’s Lodge, Billie Adams (food), B.T. Turner (music), Kim Love (pourmater)
2020 STARTING TIMES TEAMS AND ULTRA
2020 ROUND THE BAY RELAY AND ULTRA OFFICIAL STARTING TIMES
3:00 GEOFF SPEYRER
5:00 SUSAN FRAZIER ROBERT HAYDEN JAIRAN DUKE REX STINNETT MINDY DUNCAN ROBYN ABRASLEY CORRIE CRUTCHFIELD BRAD PATTON
RYAN CASSIDAY REBECCA SCOTT VAL CARILLION AMY CAYSON-NEFF
TIM CONNOLLY JESSICA SCARFE MICHAEL BOND ROBERT DIAZ
JERRY KALKA BERNICE APONGAN FRANCISCO SAN MAGUEL MARK CIFELLI
5:30 DOUG CASSIDAY
6:30 IAN REDDING
TBD: GREG LIBERTA, MATT ANDERSON, SEAN ACOSTA, MICHAEL MICHETTI, WILLIAM MILLER, DERRICK TAYLOR, KAREN MEADOWS, AMY STOYLES, JEFF WENGEL, ERIN KIRKPATRICK, AARON HAUGEN
5:30 SLOWER THAN OPRAH (7)
6:00 STROLLER WARRIORS (22) (?) HEALTHCARE HARRIERS #1 (18) (?) TEAM LAGINAPPE (11)
6:30 BLUEWATER ES (14) PLEW BLUE BAYOU (24) 3RD PLANET #1 (21) 3RD PLANET #2 (29)
SLOWER THAN OPRAH (7) TEAM RWB (12) DESIGNATED DRINKERS (16)
MIND OVER MILES (32)
6:35 TEAM AWESOME (5) HELL ON HEELS (13) TEAM GARZA (25) WORST PACE SCENARIO (31)
BEEN THERE, RUN THAT (23) RUNNING ON EMPTY (26) KAREN’S PIT CREW (27)
6:40 TEAM EPIC (4) WE ARE BROKEN, BUT RUNNING (6) RUN WITH IT (10)
RED SOLO CUPS (1) YORO (8) TEAM DALE (15) THE PACEMAKERS (20)
6:45 RUN DESTIN RAN-DEMICS (17) TEAM PIAZZA (9) COOKIE MONSTERS (32)
MIDDLE AGED AND MIDDLE SCHOOLED(19) THIRD LEG IS THE HARDEST (2) BLUEWATER MULTISPORTS (3) DESTIN MISFITS (30) ZURICKSTRONG (28)
Race Update- Sunday, Dec 20
We are one week away from the 2020 race. Below are some important updates:
* Starting times ultra runners and teams can be found here on Dec. 22.
*COVID will cause some changes- (1) weather permitting, the post-race will be outside at the Elks. (2) you may lose a runner or two this week due to isolation or quarantine. If you can't replace them, just do the best you can even to the point of having a "ghost runner" from childhood play days. Basically, you can't fill that leg or you finish before completing 36.8 miles. Either way, just have fun and do the best you can. (3) follow PPE regulations where possible,
* Currently, we have the largest group of Ultra runners ever for our race.
* Shirts are a reprint of the 2011 race, as we celebrate our ten anniversary rate. The year 2020 does not appear on the shirt!!
* The host Race Hotel, The Island, by hotel RL has extended the discount room rates, so they are still available.
* Food and beverages servings begin at 11:00.
* You must use the speed-up rule if you team falls behind the 12:45 PM finish pace as the finish line closes at 12:55 so we can start the award's ceremony.
* If you drop out of the race (Team or Ultra), please notify me asap so we can account for you.
* Let me know if you have any questions and lets have a great race. Right now, the weather prediction calls for a perfect day of running!!!
The Round the Bay Relay and Ultra Blog is hosted by event founder and coordinator, Dennis Samac.